Thursday, July 14, 2011

Ms. Splosion Man Review



I’ve never been much of a 2D puzzle-platform gamer. I find them terribly frustrating and repetitive, and I’m not very good at them. Today, I am pleased to announce that Ms. Splosion Man has changed my view on the genre. I’ll admit, I still wasn’t very good at the game, but I had fun playing it. Oftentimes, a reviewer will bash a game and make up faults because he isn’t good at it. Really, though, there is nothing to complain about with this Xbox Live Arcade hit.


Ms. Splosion Man, the sequel to the popular Xbox Live Arcade game Splosion Man, follows closely to the original. The first Splosion man is captured, and as the scientists are celebrating, they drunkenly spill bubbly on the wires. As a result, Ms. Splosion Man is created and must ‘splode her way out of the labs, wreaking havoc everywhere she goes. The goal is to make your way through a series of levels filled with puzzles to avoid capture and move toward an eventual reunion with her explosive mate. Does anyone else get a Pac-Man/Ms. Pac-Man vibe from this? 


Now, I’ve never played the first Splosion Man, so I wasn’t quite sure what to expect from Twisted Pixel. For a first-time Splosion Man player, Ms. Splosion Man throws you right in the action without much tutorial. Luckily, it’s a pretty easy game to ‘splode right into and a lot of fun.


Read More of My Review Here

No comments:

Post a Comment